"As I always say, everything, at least of this moment, one is doing is competing with Kim Kardashian's butt. How much digi-cultural intelligence do you have and are applying to strategy today to get anywhere near on the same radar level with today's tech-savvy, popular culture influencer?"
Identity insight on Kardashian coined by Lauren deLisa Coleman, March, 2015
Lauren deLisa is part of the new powerati-to-watch and a rising, formidable personality for the new era. A digi-cultural trend analyst, author, speaker, consultant and producer; Lauren is is an expert at deciphering and forecasting power trends within the convergent arena of pop culture and emerging tech based on what she terms as "the rise of the leaderful."; a cultural shift exemplified by a new spirit of populism via a decentralized, networked era. Lauren helps businesses and politicos create messaging that better resonates with today's tech-savvy, pop culture, Millennial+ influencer by providing strategy, consumer/constituent trend behavior insights/analysis, opportunity identification, emerging tech forecast analysis - all to increase their reach.
She offers an integrated product suite of services (see ultralauren.com, lnkagency.com) designed to help people, brands&policy makers profit in a "leaderful" world where everyone's voice counts and public sentiment and digital opinion now rule! Her work is based on her micro-sociologly research (contextual & algorithmic), her book "Rise of the Smartpower Class"(Amazon Best: "New Media Studies")and via her background as successful, international digital entrepreneur working with clients from Jay-Z to Microsoft providing trend consulting, mobile strategy, pop culture marketing. She is also now represented by the top expert network agency Gerson Lehrman Group
She speaks professionally on the above via Leading Authorities agency on her 5 forces behind the "leaderful" phenomenon, distinct areas for future opportunities for corporations/individuals, and is an early expert on social media crisis management. Lauren is a contributor to such outlets as Daily Beast, Huffington Post and provides on-air commentary for MSNBC. She provides digi-cultural intelligence to top management consulting firms, produces live talk events convening those who want to gain insight on today's tech trends & cultural landscape to more deeply engage consumers/constituents. Lauren is also the first to decipher pop culture trends by mashing-up notables in politics, tech&entertainment in her on-line video talk series entitled "HD," distributed via a new Comcast web platform.
An entrepreneur with 14 years of experience, Lauren is the founder emeritus of Punch Media Group an edgy digital content development and strategy consulting company with offices in both the U.S. and Europe that specialized in reaching 18-34 across mobile phone/emerging tech platforms. The PMG corporate mission was achieved in helping businesses cultivate profitable ideas and strategy utilizing mobile/emerging technology and integrating that into their existing business. Under her relentless guidance and her ability to sense cultural cues early on, the company created a track record of successful account management, data analysis, relationship management and metrics achievement via mobile phone application development, QR tags, mobile commerce and more. Lauren succeeded in creating a leading company specializing in reaching the biggest and most frequent user of mobile/emerging tech today: hip, diverse demographics; and worked with notables from Microsoft to Snoop Dogg and has even been the force behind client revenue increase of up to 87% within a specific category. Prior to starting Punch Media Group, she was employed at Viacom/MTV Networks tapping into trends early in order to connect with influencers across the world.
Currently, Lauren is a commentator on MSNBC and other media outlets regarding public sentiment and tech. She has been featured as guest lecturer at Columbia University and moderated a number of panel discussions both in the U.S. and abroad. She is a contributor to such outlets as The DailyBeast, Huffington Post, and cnbc.com. Lauren is on the advisory council of the Barnard College Entrepreneur Group. She has been a participant of the Mobile Marketing Association's Global Smarties Council to select the best in mobile marketing creativity and effectiveness. In addition, Lauren is also an ambassador for the European Commission's new Futurium tech platform which crowdsources thought to better determine public sentiment.
The most important value one can offer as a digital thought-leader is to provide fresh, engaging thought that is both easy to understand and easy to remember. Panels. Conferences. Radio. Television. Web. Future vision, Commentary, business analysis, product review, interview - Lauren deLisa breaks down her Leaderful theories at a variety of prestigious conferences and plenaries.
Congressional Briefing: New Models For Tech Start-Up Funding & U.S. Economic Impact
May 25, 2016 - Washington, DC
MRA Mid-Atlantic Chapter Spring Symposium
May 13, 2016 - National Press Club
Marketing tech disruptors to Watch in 2016
April 06, 2016 - Washington, DC
The Future of Social Good, Brands, Millennials & Emerging Tech
May 3, 2016 - New York
February 21-23, 2016
PBA Executive Summit
December 3-4, 2015
Campaigns and Marketing Summit
November 13, 2015 - Washington D.C.
November 9, 2015 - New York
Topic: Bright Shiny Object II: Do Kids Want Wheels?
CMJ Music Marathon 2015
October 13-17, 2015 - New York
Producing social change and music panel for will.i.am of The Black Eyed Peas/Peapod Foundation/Adobe Foundation
October 8th, 2015 from 6 - 8PM, at LEVICK
Topic: Digitally Disruptive Trends and Social Media Crisis
Mid-Atlantic Marketing Summit
September 30th, 2015 - Baltimore
Intelligence and Insights on the Future of Communications
"Straight Outta Compton" -EXCLUSIVE Q&A With Producer For DC Powerati
August 12, 2015 - Washington DC
Social Media for Nonprofits
July 21, 2015
ad:tech San Francisco
May 20-21, 2015
April 22 2015, 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
MACE! 2015: Elevate Your Game
Wednesday, February 4, 2015
Destination DC's second annual Global Marketplace
Tuesday, January 20, 2015
Digital Diversity Network, 3rd Annual Summit
Thursday, November 6, 2014
Connecting in Today's New Leaderful Era: Keeping up, Out-smarting, Preparing
Thursday, October 30, 2014
Wearables+Things, October 2014
Produced by Modev
Creative Innovators and Political Strategist, April 25 2014: CRAFTing Creative
Hosted by Craft |Media and Microsoft
Panelist and Moderator, December, 2013:
Dallas Digital Summit
Moderator, Executive Planning Committee Member, December, 2013: MoDev East
Producer, Host - Fireside Digital Journalism Chat Series
Columbia University Alumni Club, Washington DC
Inaugural Talk: November, 2013
Panelist, Women & Digital, Mobile Plenary
Executive Producer, Moderator - Entertainment & Innovation Forum
Keynote, Digital Capital (DC) Week
Panelist, Social Media Week
Featured Speaker, DC Web Women Event
abc 2 News
Broadband and social justice
Radio Live Auckland 100.6
Providing unique critical analysis of the new Leaderful era as it unfolds through executive profiles, tech industry developments and more; the socio-economic digitalist writes for a number of outlets.
Guest ContributorLatest Piece
Based on Lauren's expertise and thought-headership in the digi-pop culture landscape, she provides corporate partners, NGO's and policy makers with the advisory expertise, tools and intelligence to implement competitive strategies for growth in the digi-speak age. She specializes in a wide range of research, strategy and marketing techniques that allows clients to reach the Leaderful class and resonate more with today's tech-savvy, pop culture influencers. See more at www.Lnkagency.com
The "HD" properties is where Lauren's theoretical research and study plays out in practice! Once one leads thought, then one acts upon it. This is the new brand of thought-leader. Giving people a high-definition view of their world, Lauren has two brands under the "HD" title. HD by Lauren deLisa provides greater context and more expansive definition of news and cultural trends of the moment. Billed as a non-partisan "Real Time" meets Instagram ⁄ YouTube, Lauren and her panelists offer an edgy take on public opinion on our world. Distributed via a new Comcast interactive platform.
Lauren is also an experienced producer of live conferences, panel discussions and talks. Her credits include producing new divisions for international heavyweights such as MIDEM where her trend identification and production skills led to an increase of 87% in a new business arena for the organizations. She has been consulting producer for Tech Media Conferences, one of the largest digital marketing production companies of its type yielding such speakers as Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak. Lauren also continues to produce a number of leading edge panel discussions in collaborations with such power brands as Intel and more. Whether hosting or hosting and producing, she has the power to convene.
Producer of innovative on-line music events such as the first-ever HD, 5-angle, real-time performance for multi-platinum recording artist Snoop Dogg, Lauren is the force behind new ways to connect fans and recording artists across mobile platforms.
• Lauren writes piece on Apple Music Launch citing the mlillennials probably won't pay for the service and that the trend is not right for this product in June, 2015. Read
In October, Forbes declares that "Apple Music Has Failed" Read
• August, 2015 - The Center for Media Justice releases study that shows that "the Internet is shaping social change, and social change is shaping the Internet" and entitles it "Digital CultureSHIFT." Lauren talks about the fundamental and symbiotic relationship between a new cultural mindset and technology platforms during a ground-breaking taped keynote presentation at both Digital Capital Week and a fall meeting of DC Web Women, as well as a within a thought-piece in Medium. She also coins the title Digi-Cultural Trend Analyst as a description of her work via her site in 2013.
• Lauren identifies the power of the television program and notes it's cultural important in an investigative piece in "The Daily Beast" in May, 2015 which includes the observation of a rise of characters of color at the same occurrence of a rise of police brutality against people of color and the meaning of the social direction. Jonathan Van Meter mysteriously comes to the same conclusion in the September issue of Vogue in his piece on "Empire".
• In 2013, Lauren predicts the end of fashion logo status as the Leaderful era expands and people self-determine, in 2015 "Washington Post" reports that Gucci and other luxury brands are suffering due to logo fatigue and customers wanting to reflect individual taste, rather than confirmitiy.
• Lauren talks about the power of the emoji and future communication as sole manner for Millennials as almost a form of encryption in May 2014 on her Comcast show. June 2015 Norwegian airlines announces emoji only email address.
• Lauren forecasts the rise of personal encryption in interview with Scripps , for abc.com in Feb, 2014. In March, 2015, Washington Post reports plan by Yahoo to help users encrypt their personal emails.
• Lauren identifies a trend of lack of trust in "authority" in her book in 2012 and how it will affect larger cultural tug-of wars. On February 8, 2015, NBC's "Meet the Press" concludes that the larger trend of lack of trust in "authority" is the main drive behind the anti-vaccination movement in America.
• Lauren is a leader in a new hybrid form of cultural trend analysis and research. Expertly examining contextual data in conjunction with algorithmic methodology, she is creating awareness and visibility around some of today's most important social situations as they intersect with technology.
Providing behavioral insight, resources, strategy, cultural intelligence support for the Communication Corp of the United Nations Foundation Sustainable Development Goals initiative
Global Brand Ambassador for Washington DC
• Data Journalism Research for Infographic Support for World Economic Forum featured presenters, Davos, 2014
• Development of Reception for the Societal Advisor to the Directorate General for Communications Networks, Content & Technology - European Commission Office, Washington, DC - late October 2013
Sign up for the free monthly Pop of Culture slideshow and get quick digi-cultural intelligence tips, trends and picks!